SoftRAID 7 for Mac (Pro, Lite and XT) works with macOS 10.12 or later.
SoftRAID 7.0 is our next major release which supports macOS 13 (Ventura) and incorporates many architectural changes required for future versions of macOS. It addition, the SoftRAID driver has undergone a source code review by an outside team of macOS security experts as part of our continued emphasis on providing a reliable storage solution. SoftRAID 7.0 also introduces our new Update + Support Plan which allows you to get upgrades and support into
the future (click here for more info).
New features in version 7.0:
• Adds windows to the SoftRAID application with instructions for finishing the driver installation process when running macOS 11 or later.
• Incorporates many security improvements in the SoftRAID driver.
Bugs fixed in version 7.0:
• Fixes a bug in the SoftRAID application which prevents it from running on macOS 13, Ventura.
• Fixes a bug in the SoftRAID application which causes an occasional hang when the application is first launched.
• Fixes a bug in the SoftRAID driver which causes an occasional hang with RAID 0 volumes. When this occurs, all i/o requests to the volume stop but the cursor is still moveable on the screen.
• Fixes a bug which prevented disks from being added to SoftRAID volumes. This was introduced in SoftRAID version 6.1 (SR-471).
• Fixes a bug which causes the “Uninstall All SoftRAID Components” menu item in the SoftRAID application to fail if the SMART over USB drivers are not installed.
• Fixes a bug which prevents a warning dialog from appearing when the user restarts their Mac and a beta version has already expired or a Free Trial period is already over.
• Fixes a bug which caused the SoftRAID to discard an activated serial number if the user runs a beta version of software and then subsequently runs a release version.
• Fixes a bug which caused offline activation of a serial number to fail if it has already been activated online on the same Mac. This occurs if the user doesn’t deactivate the serial number between the two activation attempts.
• Fixes a bug in the SoftRAID driver which occasionally causes very slow performance on some RAID volumes. This bug caused read and write speeds to be limited to 200 MB/sec.