At SoftRAID, we pride ourselves in the quality of our software and the excellent support we give our customers. Our goal is that you never have to worry about SoftRAID, that it runs in the background and doesn't interfere with your work until one of your disks starts to have problems.
If you have encountered a problem, it may be something we have already fixed, or a problem with Mac OS X which we are already aware of and have a solution for.
STEPS TO FIX PROBLEMS
Please check ALL the steps below .
1. Are you using the latest version of SoftRAID or SoftRAID Lite?
The first thing to check before you go any further (and the first thing our support engineers will ask you) is if you have the most recent version of SoftRAID running. If not, download and install the latest version of SoftRAID or SoftRAID Lite. This may be all you need to fix your problem. Visit the SoftRAID software download page to find the latest version.
We release a new version of SoftRAID every 2 - 3 months. These releases have increased compatibility with new versions of Mac OS X and new hardware that has just been released.
2. Are you running Mac OS X 10.11?
- Are your SoftRAID volumes showing up with grey icons? Please visit our Compatibility Notes page for help getting your SoftRAID volumes to appear with the correct icons.
3. Are you running Mac OS X 10.11 or Mac OS X 10.10?
- Are your SoftRAID volumes not showing up? Please visit our Compatibility Notes page for help getting your SoftRAID volumes to appear in Mac OS X 10.10.
- Are you having problems starting up from a SoftRAID volume? Please visit our Compatibility Notes page for help fixing problems starting up from a SoftRAID volume running Mac OS X 10.10.
4. Are you running Mac OS X 10.10?
- Are you installing Mac OS X 10.10 onto a SoftRAID volume? If so, and you are running SoftRAID version 4, you must upgrade to SoftRAID version 5 before installing Mac OS X 10.10.
5. Are you running Mac OS X 10.9?
- Are you installing Mac OS X 10.9 onto a SoftRAID volume? (whether as a start-up volume or not) Please visit our Compatibility Notes page for instructions on how to install Mac OS X 10.9 onto a SoftRAID volume.
6. Are you running Mac OS X 10.8?
- Are you moving a SoftRAID volume to a new Mac running Mac OS X 10.8? Please visit our Compatibility Notes page before moving your SoftRAID volume to a new Mac running Mac OS X 10.8. This will ensure that your SoftRAID volume continues to function normally after you have attached it to your new Mac.
7. Other sources of help:
- COMPATIBILITY ISSUES PAGE: Check the compatibility issues page to see if the problem you're having is caused by incompatibility between the version of SoftRAID you are running and the Mac OS X version you have installed, or are trying to install.
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) PAGE: If you have a question that's not answered above, or there's something you don't quite understand, we have compiled a pretty extensive list of Frequently Asked Questions. You should visit this page if there is some feature about SoftRAID or SoftRAID Lite which is not making sense or if the application is not behaving the way you expect.
- SOFTRAID APPLICATION HELP PAGES: You may be able to find the answer to your problem from the SoftRAID application online help, available when you are running the SoftRAID (or SoftRAID Lite) application on your Mac. There are over 100 pages of information to help you understand SoftRAID's great features and help setup your volumes for your particular use. Just click the help button in any SoftRAID window or dialog box and SoftRAID will display the relevant help page.
- SOFTRAID VIDEO HELP: Check out the support videos here on the website. The videos are also accessible from the SoftRAID application—when you are running SoftRAID (or SoftRAID Lite)—by clicking the video help button. If you click the video button from the application, SoftRAID will display the relevant help video. Keep checking as more videos are on their way.
- SUPPORT FORUM: We have an active support forum for both SoftRAID and SoftRAID Lite. You can check there to see if your question has already been answered. If not, post your question and one of our engineers will answer it, usually within 12 hours.
- CONTACT OUR SUPPORT TEAM: If you still have a problem which isn't fixed by running the latest version of SoftRAID, or any of the suggestions above, visit the tech support contact page.
Note: Tech support is via email, directly with our fantastic support engineers. If you have purchased the full version of SoftRAID, email support is included. If you have SoftRAID Lite, there is a charge for this service—however please note that support through the forum (see above) is free and if you don't find a solution to your problem already there, any question you post will be answered by one of our engineers.