30-Day Free Trial!

How to use a SoftRAID startup volume with High Sierra

If you're using High Sierra, and booting up from a SoftRAID volume, you'll need to follow the steps given in this forum post, since the macOS High Sierra Installer does not recognize SoftRAID volumes as valid startup volumes.

Hello There, Guest! Register
New OWC Express 4M2 enclosure performance results
(01-11-2019, 01:08 PM)SoftRAID Support Wrote: Let me ask a product manager for the M2 and see if there is anything I should know about it that could explain what you are seeing.

That would be very helpful. I must admit I really like the fact how supportive this forum is. Glad to buy OWC bundled with SoftRAID.
You are welcome!

We tried to make his forum is for all kinds of questions, and the information provided seems to be helpful to new users also.
(01-12-2019, 06:57 AM)Songs for pilots Wrote: [quote='SoftRAID Support' pid='3498' dateline='1547237297']
Let me ask a product manager for the M2 and see if there is anything I should know about it that could explain what you are seeing.

I have confirmed with OWC that there is a problem with the PCb board to cause the fan to be on all the time.

I recommend you replace it under warranty. It does not appear there is a "user serviceable" option.
Thank you for your support with this case. I needed to send it back under warranty and I hope to get a quick replace with the new enclosure. I miss it already!