The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 202 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 7.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 202 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 735 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1066 build_postbit
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 202 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 7.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

30-Day Free Trial!

How to use a SoftRAID startup volume with High Sierra

If you're using High Sierra, and booting up from a SoftRAID volume, you'll need to follow the steps given in this forum post, since the macOS High Sierra Installer does not recognize SoftRAID volumes as valid startup volumes.

Hello There, Guest! Register
Encryption
Hello, I am running MAC OS X Elcapitan (10.11.6). Is there an easy way to encrypt my RAID 5? Want to ensure that I don't damage anything.

Thanks!
Sorry, no there is not.

the only way to encrypt data is put sensitive data on an encrypted sparse bundle.
(Sparse bundles will be much faster than disk images)

When High Sierra is released, and when SoftRAID has support for APFS, we expect to be able to offer encryption on APFS volumes. We cannot predict a time line, there are too many variables, but it is something we are working hard on already.
Hi! Just bought nice ThunderBay 6 and Express 4M2 enclosures. And I am going to use SoftRAID. Are there any plans for encryption within SoftRAID for Apple MacOS?

Thanks.
SoftRAID version 6.

We are expecting a late spring release.

Encryption will require converting the volume to APFS.
(01-04-2019, 04:11 PM)SoftRAID Support Wrote: SoftRAID version 6.

We are expecting a late spring release.

Encryption will require converting the volume to APFS.

Good news! Converting all volumes to APFS is little price for having encryption finally available!

If I can also recommend anything – some a bit less PC-style (a copy of ThunderBay 4) and more "minimal design" icons for volumes would be appreciated!