30-Day Free Trial!

How to install the SoftRAID driver with macOS Catalina (10.5.1)

If you're using Catalina, and have a T2 Security chip on your Mac, then Catalina (10.15) requires Startup System Security to be disabled (set to none). Read this thread for more information.Read this thread for more information.

Hello There, Guest! Register
Boot Drive without Recovery Partition
Hello -- I converted my Boot drive to a SoftRaid volume. It was not and is not a raid volume. In the process, I believe the MacOS recovery partition was lost. I believe I saw somewhere on the forum that a SoftRaid volume does not support the recovery partition. Is that correct?

I first thought about converting the volume back to an Apple volume, and then cloning the recovery partition. Then I wondered if I could create a mirror raid with it. The Boot drive is an SSD. I would mirror it with a volume on a separate spinner drive that has another volume on it that is mirrored with a third drive.

Would that work with SoftRaid lite? I realize I would have to boot with a backup drive.

Thanks in advance...
There are no recovery partitions on Apple RAID volumes or SoftRAID volumes.
The recovery partition data is only set when installing the OS.

Best solution is simply create a bootable USB thumbdrive, or external disk, to perform OS X maintenance.