Hello There, Guest! Register

How to use a SoftRAID startup volume with High Sierra

If you're using High Sierra, and booting up from a SoftRAID volume, you'll need to follow the steps given in this forum post, since the macOS High Sierra Installer does not recognize SoftRAID volumes as valid startup volumes.

Support for MacDrive on Windows 8
I have bootcamp installed and occasionally have to jump over to Windows 8. I use MacDrive which works perfectly. I have a 4-way RAID 0 drive (Mac Format) that I converted to SoftRAID and now does not show up in Windows (with MacDrive). My other single drives (non-RAID) show up fine. Is there an incompatibility here?

Thanks!
to mount a volume in Windows, a disk driver is required. Mac Drive apparently created a Windows driver to support Apple RAID volumes. For Mac Drive to work, they would have to do the same for SoftRAID disks, which would not be feasible.

We are investigating doing a solution for mounting volumes in Windows in the future. But it would not be immediate.
OK thanks for the info. It looks like I'll have to disable SoftRAID on my main video RAID for now.

There is a glitch in DaVinci Resolve with the high end Mac Pro's that creates video hits in the rendered media but if I switch over to Windows and open the project and render it's fine.

Just a back story as to why I'm needing to switch over to Windows.

FutureX
I converted my RAID 0 drive back to AppleRAID and now when I try to boot into Windows, Windows crashes when it tries to load the mdraid.sys driver (MacDrive). If I unplug that RAID 0 drive Windows boots fine. So it seems that it wasn't completely reverted back to AppleRAID or it's a slightly different version of AppleRAID. This RAID 0 drive was working fine in Windows with MacDrive prior to installing SoftRAID.
I believe we are correctly converting the Apple RAID volume back. I am not sure what could be causing this. I do not know how MacDrive identifies volumes to mount, if you reinstall it, does Windows startup correctly?