30-Day Free Trial!

How to use a SoftRAID startup volume with High Sierra

If you're using High Sierra, and booting up from a SoftRAID volume, you'll need to follow the steps given in this forum post, since the macOS High Sierra Installer does not recognize SoftRAID volumes as valid startup volumes.

Hello There, Guest! Register
SoftRAID and macOS 10.15 Catalina
With macOS 10.15 Catalina due to be released soon, I would appreciate any information you have about compatibility with SoftRAID. It will help me prepare for the installation.

Thank you.
The latest Catalina beta's no longer work with 5.7.5.
So we are going to have a SoftRAID 6 beta publically available. We will release 6.0 when we feel it is ready.
Thank you for the information. It is helpful.
Note to self, don't upgrade to Catalina on release.
I think this is one that should be delayed until .1 or .2. Apple is still making significant changes to the beta. There were still bugs in the last version that I consider significant in obvious places.
(09-09-2019, 10:07 PM)SoftRAID Support Wrote: I think this is one that should be delayed until .1 or .2. Apple is still making significant changes to the beta. There were still bugs in the last version that I consider significant in obvious places.

Your observations echo what I have read elsewhere. I play to not upgrade right away. I appreciate your comments.