30-Day Free Trial!

How to use a SoftRAID startup volume with High Sierra

If you're using High Sierra, and booting up from a SoftRAID volume, you'll need to follow the steps given in this forum post, since the macOS High Sierra Installer does not recognize SoftRAID volumes as valid startup volumes.

Hello There, Guest! Register
What happens when a certificate process ends?
Well ... this is the story:

I am currently certifying 4 x 4TB discs in an old hackintosh. It is quite stable, but sometimes the video card is disconnected when the screen goes to sleep and it is necessary to restart the computer to have an image again. And that's what happened.

Then, instead of restarting and that there is the possibility of losing the 60 hours of process that have run so far, I was thinking of letting the process end and then restarting the computer. My doubts are:

1. How can I identify when it ends? Now the lights on the disks are indicating writing, so I understand that the process continues. When they stop blinking, can I understand that the certificate process stopped?

2. Once you restart your computer, what happens when you reopen SoftRaid Lite if you find disks that have been certified? Does the disk icon change? Where does it put "without errors", another text appears? Is there any log?

Thank you!
Look in the SoftRAID log, it should show "certify complete" and the time it finished and any errors. That is the sure way to tell.