30-Day Free Trial!

How to use a SoftRAID startup volume with High Sierra

If you're using High Sierra, and booting up from a SoftRAID volume, you'll need to follow the steps given in this forum post, since the macOS High Sierra Installer does not recognize SoftRAID volumes as valid startup volumes.

Hello There, Guest! Register
Disk predicted to fail based on SMART data
I removed an OCZ SSD from a 2007-vintage MacBook Pro and plugged it into my iMac running SoftRAID Lite. My SoftRAID light turned yellow and I got a pop-up warning me that the disk was predicted to fail. I used SoftRAID to certify the disk and received no errors, but I still get the warning from that the disk is predicted to fail even though the certify succeeded and the report from SoftRAID (see attachments) shows no errors. So I'm confused.
This could be a bug in the OCZ, or in SoftRAID.

Can you run the following command in the terminal.app?

softraidtool disk all getsmartdata

Copy/paste the output for this specific SSD into the forum, not all the output, else it is confusing. You can get the Disk# for the SSD in the SoftRAID disk tile.

Also, send me the Disk brand/model as in the SoftRAID disk tile.

We can look at fixing this.

to confirm the disk is OK or not, download DriveDx in trial mode. See if it says the SSD is failing, or if it indicates it is OK. They also check extended SMART parameters, so lets see if DriveDx agrees or disagrees.