30-Day Free Trial!

How to use a SoftRAID startup volume with Catalina

If you're using Catalina, and have a T2 Security chip on your Mac, then Catalina (10.15) requires SIP to be disabled first. Read this thread for more information.

Hello There, Guest! Register
SoftRAID Easy Setup does not start
Every time I try to start the program it closes automatically.
I can't even see hard drives.
Obviously I can't mount my disks in raid 5.
Any solution??
Thank you.

OWC Thunderbay 4.
Imac 2017 10.14.5 with thunderbolt 3
SoftRAID XT 5,7,5
4x8TB Hard Drives
You may be describing two separate issues. Easy Setup is just a front end to SoftRAID.

When you run the SoftRAID application, do you see the RAID 5 volume in the volumes tile?
I'm having this same issue. When I run the setup it closes immediately, but when I run the softraid Lite XT app I can see the volumes. how would I go about configuring the volumes from there so the user can save data on it?
We are discontinuing Easy Setup, as recent OS releases created several issues with it.

Just use SoftRAID to initialize disks and create a volume. There is inline in every dialog box that should help. We also have 3 "get started" videos.

https://www.softraid.com/pages/videos.html#setup
I'm having this same issue. When I run the setup it closes immediately, but when I run the softraid Lite XT app I can see the volumes. how would I go about configuring the volumes from there so the user can save data on it?
If these are new disks, then:
Initialize disk to each disk.
Volumes: New
Select the volume type and create.

If they have a SoftRAID volume on the disks:
Disable Safeguard on the volume
Delete volume
Create a new volume.