SoftRAID Support Forum
Problem updating SoftRAID driver with new iMac Pro - Printable Version

+- SoftRAID Support Forum (https://www.softraid.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Solving Problems (https://www.softraid.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: High Sierra Issues (https://www.softraid.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Problem updating SoftRAID driver with new iMac Pro (/showthread.php?tid=891)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Problem updating SoftRAID driver with new iMac Pro - cjshumate - 05-29-2018

It's the end of May, is there really no fix for this yet?

(03-25-2018, 09:07 PM)SoftRAID Support Wrote: Send an email to support @ softraid and ask to be added, we will.

thanks

RE: Problem updating SoftRAID driver with new iMac Pro - SoftRAID Support - 05-30-2018

This cannot be fixed by us, only Apple. Apple is loading an older driver at boot time, over-riding the installed driver in the system.

We are trying to get a fix in place, but no success. The two workarounds are all there is at present.
(disconnecting the disks at startup, or disabling "enhanced" security.

RE: Problem updating SoftRAID driver with new iMac Pro - mattbeardsley - 06-03-2018

Oh man, this iMac Pro vs. SoftRAID issue is a big problem in my workflow. I have 3 TB3 Thunderbays that are glitchy and problematic and it's really hurting my work as a professional editor. I'd recommend iMac Pro users look elsewhere for RAID solutions. This problem has been handicapping this system since it was new.

RE: Problem updating SoftRAID driver with new iMac Pro - SoftRAID Support - 06-04-2018

There are two workarounds, changing the "enhanced Security" to none, or connecting your drives after startup.

We hope Apple addresses this soon. We are told there may be a fix in 10.13.6 coming.

RE: Problem updating SoftRAID driver with new iMac Pro - EvanRobinson - 06-07-2018

Confirming this OS bug on a new iMac Pro running 10.13.4 and SoftRAID 5.6.7.

Both workarounds work, so I'm downgrading security. It works, but sucks.

RE: Problem updating SoftRAID driver with new iMac Pro - SoftRAID Support - 06-07-2018

The good news is a test with 10.14 (Mohave) shows that this bug should be fixed.

It is possible it could be fixed in 10.13.6, when released, also, but we do not know yet.

We have had preliminary tests that show it working correctly with the beta 1 release, however!

RE: Problem updating SoftRAID driver with new iMac Pro - phatblat - 06-30-2018

(06-07-2018, 10:14 PM)SoftRAID Support Wrote: The good news is a test with 10.14 (Mohave) shows that this bug should be fixed.

It is possible it could be fixed in 10.13.6, when released, also, but we do not know yet.

We have had preliminary tests that show it working correctly with the beta 1 release, however!

I can confirm that this issue is resolved in both macOS Mojave 10.14 beta 2 (18A314h) and macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 beta 4 (17G54a).

RE: Problem updating SoftRAID driver with new iMac Pro - SoftRAID Support - 06-30-2018

Yes. We are awaiting formal confirmation that this change will be shipping in both releases.

We may need to let users confirm in the meantime. ;-)

thanks!

RE: Problem updating SoftRAID driver with new iMac Pro - mustgroove - 07-09-2018

Can confirm this is fixed on my machine with the final release of 10.13.6 that came out today (build 17G65) - booting with Secure Boot set to Medium Security with my SoftRAID volume connected now works without issue.

RE: Problem updating SoftRAID driver with new iMac Pro - SoftRAID Support - 07-09-2018

Thank you!

I will prepare an announcement for users.