If you are installing SoftRAID on an T2 Mac, you will need to take these additional steps before completing the installation of SoftRAID. These changes will not compromise your security. Please read the following for more information on your Mac security.
1. Boot into Recovery Mode
a. Restart your T2 Mac, press and hold Command (⌘)-R immediately after you see the Apple logo. This will boot the machine into macOS Recovery Mode.
2. Select Utilities in the menu bar
a. Then select Startup Security Utility
3. Enter your Admin Password
a. When asked to authenticate, click “Enter macOS Password”, then select an administrator account and enter its password.
4. Secure Boot and External Boot selection.
– Startup Security Utility will present three Secure Boot settings. Please select No Security.
– Startup Security Utility will present two External Boot settings. The default setting can remain unless you desire to change. The setting does not affect this process.
5. Safely restart your machine. Apple Menu > Restart
6. Additional Step for macOS 10.15 “Catalina” User
a. Run the current version of SoftRAID. Select your boot volume, and “reinstall SoftRAID driver” from the Utilities menu.